1. Had the Qur’an been contrived from previously revealed scriptures, Muhammad’s adversaries would not have ignored the matter and remained silent. They would undoubtedly have seized the opportunity to accuse him to that effect. All their allegations were unfounded and lacked proof. The Qur’an itself has already mentioned these allegations and their refutations, as we have already pointed out in the first chapter above.
2. The Qur’an includes many laws, rulings, instructions and commands which did not exist in the previous scriptures. Furthermore, the Qur’an contains narratives with detailed accounts of previous generations in addition to prophecies which were fulfilled. An example of this was the final outcome of the conflict between the Romans and the Persians, the events of which were unknown to Muhammad, his people, or the followers of Judaism and Christianity(Quran [30/2])
3. The Qur’an urged people to acquire knowledge and to respect the human mind and intellect. Accordingly, based on Islam’s new teachings and rulings, the Muslims were able, in a very short time, to establish a civilization which replaced the preceding civilizations and flourished for many centuries. Had the Qur’an been compiled from the previous divine religions, why then did these religions not include the aforementioned precepts and teachings and did not play the same role as Islam?
4. The Qur’an is a book whose style is consistent and eloquent. Had it been compiled from other scriptures it would have been incoherent, contradictory, and inconsistent due to the alleged various sources(Quran "… Had it been from other than God, they would surely have found therein much discrepancy". [4/82].). Moreover, the Qur’an always addresses one’s sense and reasoning and does not include fables or myths. It relies upon evidence and facts and demands the same of its adversaries: "Produce your proof, if you are truthful". [2/11 and 27/64] This approach is considered a completely new approach and does not exist in any previous scripture.
5. It is evident that Islam completely rejected the evil beliefs of paganism, its way of life, and its brutal traditions and replaced them with true faith and a life of virtue. Where then is the Pagan culture that Islam has been falsely accused of adopting from Pre-Islamic Paganism?